Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Local sources of Antixx or Firefighter Fire Ant baits?
I want to try the newer spinosad baits.  Anybody know of a local supplier?  Or a recommended online one?

Anybody use them yet?  They seem to have several advantages over the stuff I've been using, and a lot cheaper at about $11/pound.

"[b]Antixx Fire Ant Bait[/b] (EPA Reg. No. 67702-56) is labeled for home use, and [b]Firefighter® Fire Ant Bait [/b](EPA Reg. No. 67702-56-70051) is labeled for agricultural use. These granular baits contain the active ingredient spinosad, which is biologically derived from the fermentation of [i]Saccharopolyspora spinosa[/i], a naturally occurring soil organism. These baits are attractive and deadly to ants and is readily taken back into the nest as food for the colony. The active ingredient in the bait is distributed throughout the colony, killing the ants, including the queens. Spinosad is an organic compound, but the carrier is not certified organic; therefore, these products are not OMRI certified.

The application rate for these products are 2.5 to 5 pounds per acre. When treating for LFA, remember these three baiting basics: 1) broadcast throughout the treatment area, 2) do so on a dry day, allowing at least 4 hours of dry weather, and 3) repeat treatments every 4-6 weeks for at least a year period. When using these products on coffee, be sure to have a copy of the following Special Local Needs (SLN) label readily available: Antixx Fire Ant Bait SLN or Firefighter® Fire Ant Bait SLN . Be sure to follow all label restrictions. The label is the law."

Messages In This Thread
Local sources of Antixx or Firefighter Fire Ant baits? - by terracore - 07-09-2021, 10:48 PM