Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Vaccinated People Spread The Delta Variant, CDC Says
AaronM, I think it is logical to question the number of deaths and wonder where we draw the line on reasonable and unreasonable restrictions to save those lives. But you've not responded to a couple questions here and I would really like to here your responses.

1. Even if it will "only" save a few hundred children's lives, or "potentially" prevent a more deadly variant, why not *choose* to wear a mask and get vaccinated?

2. Do you have a number in mind for deaths that would qualify as “extra deadly”? [The US is almost to 700,000 now, why is that not enough to justify taking the vaccine?]

I agree we will probably never get to 100%, but we can get far enough to drastically reduce the spread and mutation of this virus, which will undoubtedly save some lives. Seems like the right thing to do. At the same time, I generally agree we should no longer engage in lockdowns or restrictions besides masks, with the exception being if the hospitals are overrun and people with other illnesses are being impacted. Maybe if we all do our part it won't get that bad?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vaccinated People Spread The Delta Variant, CDC Says - by randomq - 08-10-2021, 05:23 AM