Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Vaccinated People Spread The Delta Variant, CDC Says
(10-27-2021, 02:57 PM)MarkP Wrote: I installed solar PV because it was what worked best for me and I did not get any tax incentives.

Sounds like the market at work.

(10-27-2021, 02:57 PM)MarkP Wrote: I got vaccinated because I don't want to die from covid or possibly give it to someone else and have them die.

Sounds like good incentives to get vaccinated voluntarily. As did I.

(10-27-2021, 02:57 PM)MarkP Wrote: I want everyone else to get vaccinated so they are less likely to facilitate transmission of the disease to anyone else, particularly the significant number of people who can't get vaccinated or for whom vaccination is less effective, and have them die.

The problem is the current vaccines don't seem to do that great of a job stopping the spread of the delta variant. Meaning the transmission argument to be more weak than it would be otherwise.

(10-27-2021, 02:57 PM)MarkP Wrote: If people were only hurting themselves by not getting vaccinated I would literally be amused at their antics.

I feel like this is a questionable assertion. Especially assuming if they believe that the virus is real, they may take less risks than say a vaccinated person might.

You're probably right, buut... again... Just because it reduces the level of viral replication doesn't mean it has a hugely significant affect on the spread if it is as contagious as delta. Look at Israel and Singapore...

(10-27-2021, 02:57 PM)MarkP Wrote: I do find the suggestion that anti-vaxers are doing any sort of rational "research" to be amusing.  It doesn't make up for the harm they are causing though.

I agree they probably aren't.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vaccinated People Spread The Delta Variant, CDC Says - by malahini - 10-28-2021, 03:05 AM