Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Local sources of Antixx or Firefighter Fire Ant baits?
Well contacting Antixx about the bad bait I received was a waste of time.

They called me back and agreed, they should replace the bait, and said they would call Nutrien (previously known as CPS) in Hilo.  They called me back a few minutes later and told me that Nutrien would exchange it.  Sounded too easy.  I was instantly suspicious.  So I asked, who did you talk to?  "Jackie.  Jackie said they would exchange it, we will reimburse them."

Had decades of bad luck come to an end?  Was I dreaming?

So off to Nutrien I went.  When I showed up, their warehouse was empty, there was a bunch of construction going on, and a PRIVATE PROPERTY sign was posted discouraging me from exploring further.  I looked them up online.  I was at the correct address.  They hadn't moved.  Except they weren't there.   So I looked them up on the Nutrien web site.  Same thing.  They moved and forgot to tell the internet, or post any signs telling what their new address was.

So I asked one of the construction workers where they moved to, he found a flyer that said 888 Kalanianaole Street.  So I drove there.  It was a gas station.  I drove up and down the street both ways knowing that Siri sometimes gets cranky, like I was starting to feel.  Unfortunately because of the road construction in the area the entire block is one way, so "turning around" to continue looking for it was a long drive.  

So I got back to where Siri promised they would be and turned into the gas station.  Past the gas station was a short driveway to a tour company, and attached the same warehouse as them was an unmarked business.  It was Nutrien.  Signage near the road would have helped.  Their operation isn't visible from the road.  It's not even visible from the gas station.

So after waiting my turn in line, I explain I want to exchange defective product, and they tell me they won't.  But I have an ace up my sleeve. Jackie. "Jackie approved this."

"Nobody named Jackie works here."

So back to square 1, I call up Antixx and explain what happened.  And she confessed, Jackie works for Antixx.  They never contacted Nutrien.  But she will call me back right away.  So I wait in my car so I don't have to waste another 90 minutes RT driving out there and after a few minutes they called me back and told me too bad, so sad, there is nothing they can do, and pointed finger back at Nutrien.

It would have been a better outcome, instead of buying the Antixx, wasting the time to apply it, and the time buying and trying to return it, and wasting time on emails and phone calls, if I just piled up $85 and set it on fire. And if I set the fire on some ants, it would have been more effective than their product.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Local sources of Antixx or Firefighter Fire Ant baits? - by terracore - 07-12-2022, 11:22 PM