Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Local sources of Antixx or Firefighter Fire Ant baits?
I got the Maxforce Complete granules today. Too early to speak of the efficacy but when I went to open it, the lid felt loose and I couldn't tell if the seal had already been broken. With the corn grits its easy to tell when they have gone bad but this isn't a corn grit formula. It didn't smell weird but I don't know what its supposed to smell like.

I went to an area I knew the ants were, lifted a rock and saw them. I sprinkled a tiny amount of the product on the side under the rock that had no visible ants, and replaced the rock.

I went to a few other areas to look for ants and couldn't find any, so returned to the rock after about 3 minutes.

Not only did the ants already find the bait after 3 minutes, they were moving it, trying to take it down into their lair. I had never seen them do that with the corn grit products, they just would line up to suck the poison out of them. So not knowing if the seal was broken or not, the product is definitely baiting the ants. According to the literature the ants will die whether they feed off the product or just touch it, and their corpses will do the same for multiple generations. The granules are much bigger than the ants are, so I don't think they'll be able to move them with any significance unless they are able to break them down.

I'll look tomorrow to gauge the ant activity.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Local sources of Antixx or Firefighter Fire Ant baits? - by terracore - 07-30-2022, 03:22 AM