Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaii drought monitor
We have a lot of livestock that depend on water and it's been so long since we've received any precipitation we were wondering if we had to do more than "if it's yellow let it mellow" so out of concern our 10,000 gallon tank might be nearly empty I took off enough of the cover to take a look.......

A lot of neighbors have been complaining about empty catchment tanks and long waits for a water truck. And watering all our goats, sheep, donkeys, chickens, turkeys, geese, etc (including geese kiddie pools) for sure our tank must be nearly dry. Plus with all the dishwasher use from goat milking supplies, frequent showers, plus a load of laundry every day......

Even our dogs have their own kiddie pool to cool off and we keep the water fresh so they don't get gross....

And to my surprise, the tank is still almost full!

I'm not even sure how it's possible because if we were getting unnoticed rain showers all the vegetation on our property wouldn't be all wilted and dying. We're having to feed the sheep and goats hay because the grass quit growing.

The only thing I can think of is our house is low-flow everything. Toilets, showerheads, dishwasher, clothes washer, etc. We don't do a lot of conscious things regarding conservation other than having newer appliances and making sure there aren't any leaks in our system.

Messages In This Thread
Hawaii drought monitor - by Durian Fiend - 10-10-2022, 04:50 PM
RE: Hawaii drought monitor - by iquetzal - 10-10-2022, 06:45 PM
RE: Hawaii drought monitor - by randomq - 10-10-2022, 09:58 PM
RE: Hawaii drought monitor - by Or1on - 10-12-2022, 10:50 PM
RE: Hawaii drought monitor - by terracore - 10-13-2022, 02:16 AM
RE: Hawaii drought monitor - by kalianna - 10-13-2022, 02:21 AM
RE: Hawaii drought monitor - by terracore - 10-13-2022, 03:00 AM