Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
"Work Efforts Beneficial For Everyday (Puna) Society"
(05-09-2023, 08:15 PM)HereOnThePrimalEdge Wrote: I read on another thread this complaint:

useless, mangaesc like tripe nobody cares ...
applies her work efforts next to something more beneficial for everyday society and hawaiian culture 

The post had nothing to do with the subject matter where it was posted, so I thought rather than respond directly I would start a new thread.  What can we as Puna residents do to benefit our community?  And not just what can we do, what will we do?

Because you know the old saying, if you're not part of the solution...

HOTPE - thanks for taking this away from the other thread, as once again it was just an attempt to disrupt it. As for the question, firstly as young residents, it's clear education has its own benefits in not only benefitting individuals but society as a whole. A better-educated society whether it's in Hawaii or elsewhere will do better than one that does little to encourage kids to learn. Older residents could do no better than encourage kids to learn.

Astronomy on the island is attempting to help kids go further in life than has been possible before. It doesn't matter if they don't become astronomers, that's not the point at all. It's to give them opportunities to learn and join in a subject they enjoy, learn STEM, and become productive people in the future choosing a career that suits them and that will show there is a way to have a good life while also giving back to your community, either directly or showing others how it can be done.

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Work Efforts Beneficial For Everyday (Puna) Society" - by TomK - 05-10-2023, 05:15 AM