Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2023 Pacific Hurricane forecast: "heightened risks for Mexico and Hawaii."
(05-30-2023, 01:33 AM)TomK Wrote: If terracore and Durian Fiend convince me by the end of the hurricane season in 2023 that this it was a wild one, then I will pay $100 to both their chosen charities. Are you guys up for that? You have nothing to lose, I'm not asking for anything if we decide you lose later this year.  It's just that I'm fairly well convinced this year's hurricane season will not be an issue for us.

Well since I have nothing to lose.  And an undetermined charity has everything to gain, I'm in.

But I never said 2023 was going to be a wild one, I was just linking to "experts", and even they were pretty wishy washy based on making assumptions what el nino may or may not do.    What would constitute a "wild" season?  I would have a tough time making a convincing argument when I don't know what the goalposts are.  The wildest season I remember was the one that dropped Iselle on us, but that's because it impacted us directly.  I seem to remember some other seasons where we dodged a lot of major hurricanes but none of them seriously impacted us.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2023 Pacific Hurricane forecast: "heightened risks for Mexico and Hawaii." - by terracore - 05-31-2023, 12:33 AM