Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drive into boat harbor >>> Now hijacked to Gun Control thread
It used to be that anybody using GPS to find our house was sent to a non-descript place on a different road. Because of this, we would give explicit instructions "do not use GPS to find our house, follow these SIMPLE driving directions". Invariably, they would call us, lost, saying "GPS says I'm at your address, but I don't see a driveway here. What should we do?"

I don't know, because I don't know where you are. Return to the highway and follow the simple directions we gave you.

Eventually I figured out that Google maps had our address correct, but for some reason thought our driveway was on the road behind us. Which doesn't make sense because that would require our driveway to plow through somebody else's property, but whatever. I used the "correct the map" feature and a few days later android GPS could take people to our address and somehow magically, so did iPhone about a week later.

I wonder if anybody has used the "correct the map" feature to show that the boat ramp isn't a road?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help me understand: How is this even a reoccurring thing? - by terracore - 05-31-2023, 07:02 PM