Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drive into boat harbor >>> Now hijacked to Gun Control thread
Why does the number of guns matter to you guys? It only takes one to kill. You can generally only operate one at a time. Not sure why the number 23 gets y'all riled up. I grew up in the countryside and owned my first firearm when I was 9 and by the time I graduated high school I had a dozen. Both of my grandfathers had more than 23 guns >clutch my pearls<. Gun control advocates would be well served to identify priorities and focus on those. I suggest starting with universal background checks, mandatory waiting periods and red flag laws.

The problem with the background checks is that many untreated mentally ill people pass those. Given the way our pathetically corrupt healthcare system 'treats' the mentally ill among us, they slip through the cracks. We should be identifying and treating these people before they leave school. Before they become half of our prison population. Before they become most of our homeless population. Before they pass a background check and their first visit with a Psychiatrist or Psychologist is behind bars.

If only we could convince the federal government to get back into treating and housing our mentally ill population. We need to figure something out because sending them to jail, letting them be homeless or hoping they don't get their hands on a gun isn't working.

Nah, screw that. Let's keep blaming the gun. The type of gun, the size of gun, the number of guns, etc. As long as we keep ignoring who it is who is committing these massacres, they will keep happening!

But nothing I just wrote matters because I am a gun owner and therefore couldn't possibly have any good ideas about gun control...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help me understand: How is this even a reoccurring thing? - by AaronM - 06-03-2023, 03:02 AM