Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drive into boat harbor >>> Now hijacked to Gun Control thread
Aaron, HOTPE & H.F.

I AGREE WITH ALL OF YOU 100%

The answer is common sense gun control laws. Keeping guns out of mentally ill hands is the end result. Take what Aaron said and make it law. But you can't. Congress forbids the CDC to even study the whole cause and relationship of gun ownership and needless death. The NRA and gun manufacturers pay off the politicians - and all we circle jerk ourselves back into time after time is "thoughts and prayers."

But we can't broach that subject, as it then becomes the "rights" excuse to say the "left" wants to take away all your guns.

I find it ironic in that in most of everything humanity does to live, is measured by an inherent pass/fail system. If you're a good doctor, word spreads and you become renowned. Bad doctor? Word spreads fast and you eventually have no patients. Same with auto mechanics, carpentry, home builders, catchment cleaning systems, restaurants, laundromats - on and on the list goes. Heck, even really bad politicians eventually get voted out of office! Even WAR has been studied and made "safer" to prevent causalities.

Except gun ownership. It's the only one society issue where the good responsible decent law-abiding owners stay mum about the crazies who get guns and shoot them and kill people because someone said FU to them, cut them off in traffic, drives a fancy car, looked at someone weird........... or as what we see now mostly in mass gun violence, shooting up single digit aged kids in school.

I personally own 2 guns. For AT home protection only. I don't walk down "Pahoa Main" in a "wild wild west" fashion with my gun tucked into my waistband. I don't carry my gun with me to Wal-Mart. I have been trained and attend retraining annually on the guns care, handling, use - everything. The need for me to use one of my guns would come down to only one thing. My life is being put into direct danger by another person or large animal on my property or in my home.

But having said that, there is nothing I individually can really do to stop the lunacy of needless gun and mentally ill people killing innocent people. And, as the replies by some to this post, as well as yours will eventually show, us "liberals" want to take your guns away!!!!

I resigned the NRA back when Daddy Bush did. I suggest that being the first action ANY responsible gun owner could do for a start. Wayne certainly does not need another marble shit house in one of his mansions - paid for out of the "dues" members pay and he embezzles. When the NRA defends Kyle Rittenhouse, the games been lost.

The second thing is to get Congress to act.

Maybe we need to change the terminology of "school shootings" to be "drag queen story hour & abortions."

Then I am sure we would have an immediate halt to this lunacy once and for all!

Now, I also admit, I find sometimes YouTube has very interesting - to the point - and even humorous "clips" that get right to the heart of the matter.

ENJOY!

https://youtu.be/DHuA0BEsUzI

(please watch it!)
“We are the first generation to feel the impact of climate change and the last generation that can do something about it.”

— Barack Obama

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help me understand: How is this even a reoccurring thing? - by HiloJulie - 06-03-2023, 06:38 AM