Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drive into boat harbor >>> Now hijacked to Gun Control thread
COMMON SENSE dictates that, the gun did not operate on its own..

It’s not the gun. It’s human behavior when in possession of the gun. Somehow a situation that would otherwise turn into a fist fight, or a knifing, or given the space to back down, is escalated to a bang you’re dead. Somehow the cavalier shoot em up attitude of gamers killing each other online turns into a bullet in the head.

Guns ain't going away. But if it was mine to do AR’s would be gone.. and a mandatory buyback program to boot. Gone, outlawed. There is just no justification for them.

Beyond that, every gun owner would be required to be insured, and held liable for the actions taken with that gun, whether they did the deed or someone else in possession of their gun did.

Every gun would be required, when not in use, to be locked up.

And any crime committed while in possession of a gun would have a mandatory 20 years attached to whatever punishment is levied for the crime itself. Mandatory, without any time off for whatever. Take candy from a baby and have a gun in your pocket and goodbye.

And if all that didn’t bring peace back to our streets, we’d be talking about what exactly the founding fathers meant by well regulated. There is just no way, none, that the right for some to possess firearms outweighs the right of all of us to the pursuit of happiness. And that includes the right to live in peace. It’s a right. I have it, you have it, and we all should do whatever it takes to guarantee its preservation.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help me understand: How is this even a reoccurring thing? - by MyManao - 06-03-2023, 04:40 PM