Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2023 Pacific Hurricane forecast: "heightened risks for Mexico and Hawaii."
(06-04-2023, 02:51 AM)AaronM Wrote: I'm fine, thank you for the inquiry.  I was merely serving up some of that "babbling incoherent gibberish".
                                                                                                                                                                                                      And Tom, please stop quoting the post immediately preceding your own.  The redundancy hurts my eyes.

Request denied. Given the propensity of the more moronic posters here to delete their own posts, I choose to quote them. Perhaps you should have your eyes checked if it hurts them.

(06-04-2023, 07:17 PM)Durian Fiend Wrote: The 2015/2016 El Nino index went as high as  positive 2.6 and stayed above 2 for 6 months.  The only comparable year in the historical record is 1997/1998.  We're currently at .7 and rising rapidly over the past month. 

https://origin.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/product...ONI_v5.php

1998 was a below average season for East Pacific hurricanes.

Yes, that's part of my thought process. IMO, strong El Nino events have yet to show any correlation with more storms in the Pacific, especially those that threaten Hawaii. I would be glad to be shown I'm wrong.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2023 Pacific Hurricane forecast: "heightened risks for Mexico and Hawaii." - by TomK - 06-05-2023, 06:46 AM