Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Old Lahaina Town Utterly Destroyed - Recovery & Relief Efforts
So, this is concerning to me.

All in all, I think Bissen has been and is a good man and Mayor for Maui. The only thing I would fault him on was his acceptance of Andaya as his MEMA lead when he became Mayor. Just seeing Andaya's performance at his one press conference before his immediate resignation amazes me that ANYONE would have thought he was a capable leader.

At any event, I think the blame of responsibility has to be laid out in detail of each and every agency and utility before we start calling for resignations enmasse.

Besides, who is an acceptable alternative? 

Kai Lenny? The haole real estate guy now suddenly mysterious Maui fire investigator on YouTube?

Some haole from the mainland?

I think it's clear however, that at the end of the day, MEMA was too overwhelmed and too incompetent to understand the potential even existing for what happened in reality.

I think with the addition of Oliveria, those fears can be laid to rest for the moment.

But Bissen could end up being a sacrificial lamb, and I'm not too sure that's a good thing. 

At the moment.

“We are the first generation to feel the impact of climate change and the last generation that can do something about it.”

— Barack Obama

Messages In This Thread
RE: Old Lahaina Town Utterly Destroyed - Recovery & Relief Efforts - by HiloJulie - 08-31-2023, 07:24 AM