Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Old Lahaina Town Utterly Destroyed - Recovery & Relief Efforts
(08-16-2023, 03:21 AM)HiloJulie You might post misinformation all the time and just not know it Wrote:
(08-16-2023, 03:07 AM)terracore Wrote: That's kind of the point I was getting at.  Telling people about some video they saw and suggesting they "google it themselves" could lead them to finding a completely different video.  Maybe one that's more disturbing than what the original post was referring to or full of misinformation .

I understand not wanting to post a link "out of respect" but sending people down a rabbit hole is often a tactic used by people in the misinformation business.
That has to be the most absurd statement one could make. 

I on several occasions posted the gist of a news story that also contained other details some may not want to see or read. 

And solely out of respect. 

That simple. Nothing more. Nothing less. 

I have never posted anything remotely close to anything that could be considered misinformation, which, ironically is clearly stated in PunaWeb’s TOS. 

I clearly explained the information as well as briefly mentioned the other items in the news story that in addition to being respectful, has no real need to be discussed.

(08-17-2023, 10:21 PM)sistersue Wrote:
(08-17-2023, 07:39 PM)HereOnThePrimalEdge Wrote: Just look at the idiot trying to explain why the sirens weren't sounded at Lahaina

Exactly.
If the sirens had sounded, residents would have thought it was a tsunami and run for high ground directly into the blazing inferno.
The stupidest excuse I've ever heard of.  It took him a whole week to come up with that one.  These deaths wouldn't have happened if the power had been shut down in the early afternoon and the sirens had gone off at the same time. Just plain COMMON SENSE.  It's like the "disaster prevention" people responsible for Lahaina didn't even exist.
Or worse

(08-22-2023, 08:25 AM)HiloJulie Wrote: All things considered, I think today's visit by President Biden and First Lady Dr. Jill Biden was very good.

President Biden, Govenor Green, Mayor Bissen, Representatives Case and Tokuda and Senators Hirono and Schatz all spoke from the heart and said what the people of Maui really needed to hear.

And I believe each of them at their word.

Time will tell, but I think to the people of Maui it will go a long way as they begin to heal and rebuild.
OMG

(09-04-2023, 06:20 AM)HiloJulie Wrote: Well, I would like to say that to the victims of the Maui fires, my heart goes out to you and your loved ones.

Comparing what happened in Maui to past historical events really serves no purpose - really the only one being prevention for it to ever happen again in the future.

My heart aches for Maui and the ones lost. My husband and I have done what we can to help.

If you can donate, donate to verified worthwhile causes, not some schmuck on YouTube or Instagram or TikTok or X.

If you have loved ones missing, file a report with Maui PD or the FBI and donate DNA. Don't listen to some schmuck on YouTube or Instagram or TikTok or X.

If you are a survivor, get each and every benefit you're entitled to. Don't listen to some schmuck on YouTube or Instagram or TikTok or X.

Let the investigations play out. Don't listen to some schmuck on YouTube or Instagram or TikTok or X.
OMG

Messages In This Thread
RE: Old Lahaina Town Utterly Destroyed - Recovery & Relief Efforts - by Ho'oponopono - 09-12-2023, 04:41 AM