Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State House and County Council Resolutions on LZ1 & LZ2 High Cost of Home Insurance
Here's a new one I've never heard before:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/insurance/this-is-an-invasion-of-privacy-insurance-companies-do-random-inspections-to-raise-rates/ar-AA1kAC7f?cvid=35770b423c40440e9a6633e8f9f10422&ei=4

Some of the insurance companies are tormenting their policyholders with home inspections and reinspections:

"Reports from policyholders underscore a perplexing pattern. Citizens Insurance Company is reaching out to individuals, instructing them to undergo home inspections, even if they’ve recently had one. The surprise element inherent in these calls is leaving many without a choice, as the company is enforcing the inspections with a seemingly unyielding resolve.

Marylou Simon, a policyholder under the Citizens umbrella, recently found herself at the receiving end of an unexpected call from the insurance giant. Despite diligently explaining that she had undergone a comprehensive inspection just six months prior, her plea seemed to fall on deaf ears. The insistence on another inspection is emblematic of a broader strategy being implemented by Citizens."

This reminds me when our teenage daughter left for college and we dropped her from our car insurance.  She bought a car on Oahu and got her own insurance policy for it.  The insurance company called me every several weeks or so for a "random survey" which was ridiculously easy to spot as them trying to "catch" us letting our daughter borrow our car without being on the policy.  The second time they called I said listen, I know what you're doing...  She can't borrow our car because she lives on a different island.  She has her own car and she has her own policy THROUGH YOUR COMPANY.  The guy tried to "reassure" me that wasn't the point of the call and that he was based on Oahu in the military and understood how islands worked.  Nevertheless, the calls continued for almost a year.  The last time I got a call I was a little less friendly and told them to make a note in their system to check HER policy first before accusing us of having an uncovered driver in the household.  He "reassured" me that wasn't the purpose of the call.  But they never called again.

I have a suspicious nature so I immediately see red flags. What information are these inspectors logging? Who do they share it with? How can the data be used? Considering how the government has been conspiring with technology companies to circumvent the first amendment, are they now going after the fourth?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Council Resolution on LZ1 & LZ2 High Cost of Home Insurance - by terracore - 11-27-2023, 06:26 PM