Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
airport parking price hikes effective 2/1/24
(12-31-2023, 11:59 PM)HiloJulie Wrote: Don’t forget the job position of “License Plate Recorder”

When you park at most airports, your license plate is recorded. Be it by camera, or as its done in Hilo, by hand, on paper with pen while riding in a golf cart.

One time I tried to beat the system by getting my license plates wet and throwing concrete powder on them to make hard to read.  My theory was right and the golf cart driver didn't clean/read them.

But when I went to the DMV to register the car, they left the counter and opened the front door and looked at it, and said I needed a weight certificate for encasing it in concrete.  I argued that there was at most 200 pounds added, including the Fez hat hanging from the rear view mirror, but then they demanded that I get the vehicle towed to a weigh station.  Both ways.  Uphill.  The tow truck driver was moonlighting from his golf cart job. I guess driving a go-cart around all day wasn't enough.  De Plane! De Plane!

One never wins when poking the bureaucracy. Don't ever forget that common sense.

TOTALLY unrelated, but after the DMV trip I read this cool article:  https://www.physics-astronomy.com/conspi...xperiment/

Messages In This Thread
RE: airport parking price hikes effective 2/1/24 - by terracore - 01-02-2024, 07:36 AM