Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Council Resolution on LZ1 & LZ2 High Cost of Home Insurance
(01-19-2024, 08:49 PM)ChunksterK Wrote: @ Terracore:  First, you are quite welcome.  I should add that I did not receive a notice in the mail, but pro-actively called my agent.  That left me wondering just how much formal notice folks have been receiving.  I'll post here when I get a letter from DB.

To answer your question about having been "affected," hell yes, you've been affected.  You're losing your affordable homeowner's insurance.  We should sue HELCO, God, or somebody.

This reminds me of the 2014 flow when Dongbu tried not-renewing commercial accounts.  The mayor or the governor (I don't recall) contacted them and they changed course and renewed the policies of properties not directly in the path of the lava.  Or at least that is what I recall, I can't find any old news articles about it.

Maybe our elected officials need to be proactive again.  We will see about contacting them, but don't have any first-hand information ourselves so will need to obtain that first. If anybody else can join the cause, it wouldn't hurt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Council Resolution on LZ1 & LZ2 High Cost of Home Insurance - by terracore - 01-26-2024, 11:54 PM