Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Council Resolution on LZ1 & LZ2 High Cost of Home Insurance
(01-28-2024, 06:19 AM)AaronS Wrote: Punatang, it is certainly very encouraging. However, HOVE is in LZ2. There is no guarantee if you live in LZ1 you'll be as lucky.

American Modern P&C is the company underwriting the new insurance coverage for my brother.

I called Atlas. A nice lady took my info and said she would submit it to American Modern. She promised to report back to me even though she seemed dubious. Long story short, she never called me back. I left a follow up message that was not returned.  Not impressed with the outfit but they probably think we are all Punatics which I suppose is about right. The person I spoke with did say that American Modern will sometimes underwrite if the specific property is very close to LZ3.  So it seems HOVE may be an acceptable risk for them but Puna is not.  C'est la vie.  Hope someone else has better luck. As it stands, I still do not beleive there is an alternative in Puna other than HPIA.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Council Resolution on LZ1 & LZ2 High Cost of Home Insurance - by Punatang - 02-15-2024, 03:29 AM