Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
MK controversy thread
If I understand your posts about the Hawaiians the TMT reps should talk with, it’s..

You know, Edge, I have no idea. All I did, and have been doing for years, is pointing out that the only way to solve conflict is through talking. Not talking around, or over, or outright to someone else, but talking with the principles involved. And so far, and I mean for a long time.. nobody is talking. I mean sure, they talk this way and that and any ol' way as long as it isn't put the cards on the table and get on with it already. It's pathetic. 

They talked some.. after Kahoolawe they talked. And they had the State's constitutional convention, and the Hawaiian were recognized, and the language given it's due. It was a beginning. Sheesh they set the whole thing in motion. They created the Hawaiian Emergence Program, OHA, Hawaiian Homes. But did State follow through? No. The Hawaiians are due a massive chunk of money, do they get it? No. The Hawaiians deserve a full legal binding recognition that their land was stolen, and there must be reparations. Do they get it? No.

What does all that mean? How much money? How much land? I don't know. It ain't my kuleana. But until folks start talking, and talking seriously about it all, you can forget the TMT. Or if not the TMT it'll be something else.. 

But as I said. They set it in motion.. and have now created a generation or two of actual real, un-subjugated, Hawaiians who are proud of themselves.. and the problem will not go away until they talk to them as equal shareholders in the islands.

Messages In This Thread
MK controversy thread - by TomK - 12-21-2023, 07:36 AM
RE: Mauna Kea/Maunakea controversy thread - by MyManao - 03-08-2024, 08:18 AM