Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
MK controversy thread
"So democracy is a fairytale, and an ethnic group rising up to take over a nation against the will of the majority is what you look forward to? I don't know about all that, man. Seems like some kind of sick racist fantasy, like "the south will rise again"."

That was my immediate thought when I read MyMano's post - with a slight "racial" twist:

At any event, I see a new protest about a planned development project at Punalu'u Black Sand Beach. My bet is yet another golf course, non-union built shoddy multimillion dollar ocean front homes, adherence to regulations and permitting a millimeter above the lowest acceptable norm coupled with a wink wink inspection process coupled with endless infrastructure promises that will never get built - while at the same time, the 600 million granted to DHHL will never get spent helping one Native Hawaiian and TMT will languish into obscurity.

And to this "occupying outsider" - I find that a bigger afront to Hawaiian Sovereignty, Hawaii Culture and the Hawaiian Race than anything.
“We are the first generation to feel the impact of climate change and the last generation that can do something about it.”

— Barack Obama

Messages In This Thread
MK controversy thread - by TomK - 12-21-2023, 07:36 AM
RE: Mauna Kea/Maunakea controversy thread - by HiloJulie - 03-12-2024, 07:43 AM