Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
MK controversy thread
(03-16-2024, 03:50 AM)MyManao Wrote: Did you see Gary and Volcano resident Albert Saijo at their beat reading in Cymbidium Acres in early 2000?  It was an unforgettable event.

No I didn't. And feel the loss.. though I too have been reading Gary's work for a good portion of this life.. and recall a lecture he gave in which he broke down the different Native American languages and compared each to their cultural practices. Their arts, their development as societies. It was very interesting, comparing the structures of a language, because our first language creates neural pathways, structures, that stay with us for life and thus create our unique views, and how we experience our live's. The difference between one language and another can be little, or, as I suspect between English and Hawaiian, vast.

When, during your self proclaimed vast learning of various languages, did you learn that when faced with a female that you may disagree with, your immediate response is to refer to them as “a pet”, “baby” or a “dog?”

Try calling some beautiful Hawaiian Auntie a “dog” and let’s see what happens!

Messages In This Thread
MK controversy thread - by TomK - 12-21-2023, 07:36 AM
RE: Mauna Kea/Maunakea controversy thread - by HiloJulie - 03-16-2024, 05:46 PM