Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keaau Farmers Market reported to be closing
"In the mean time, I frequent as many of these small family businesses as possible, and I pay cash."

As do I. 

I will say that I have found the Farmers Market in Keaau to be, yes, slightly higher in pricing, but hands down in most cases - a minimum quality factor of plus 50% on their fruits and veggies over most of the other Farmers Market venues.

Well worth it for me to drive past the HPP ones and go to Keaau just to get their goods.

"Starting wage at Taco Bell in Hilo is $14.25 now, which is above minimum wage.  Also they don't have any lines at their drive-through lane anymore and an ingredient-lean fast-food burrito is almost $8.00 with no sides and no drink.  Not sure why their tacos are so much cheaper... maybe because don't have to pay someone to roll it up?"

A much cheaper and better alternative is to buy a jar of Metamucil, stir it into some water and drink. Same end result, much cheaper and you can do it in the comfort of your own home!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Keaau Farmers Market reported to be closing - by HiloJulie - 05-12-2024, 08:17 AM