Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5-13-24 Ocean View Man Arrested Following Barricaded Standoff in Kaʻū
From the news article HOTPE posted:

“Court records state that Adams, who is unemployed, has a criminal history that includes resisting arrest, DUI, vehicle prowling and fourth-degree assault.”

That’s from 11 years ago when he was 21. 

What amazes me more than anything is how the Police responded. From a frantic call from the lady to the initial officers who first responded and then called in the Commander and Command Post as well as the Special Response Team. My guess is the Police figured out really quickly that his “guns” were harmless, and instead of just making his DNA become a new interior wall paint, figured it was best to wait him out. 

And then, what if the Police just “mag dumped” this guy and then found out his guns were toys? I’m sure that the wife and kid who he was hell bent on killing would become the grieving family who lost the love of their life and causing the County to pay 7 digits for settlement as well as having one or more psychological claims by the Police Officers who pulled their triggers. 

Thankfully our professional well trained and well equipped Police did what was right. 

Unfortunately, in this case, the Judge and the Judge alone released this guy. Too bad we can’t hold the Judge criminally liable for the actions that this guy will inevitability cause again. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: 5-13-24 Ocean View Man Arrested Following Barricaded Standoff in Kaʻū - by HiloJulie - 05-20-2024, 06:08 PM