Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
MK controversy thread
(06-15-2024, 11:36 PM)HiloJulie Wrote: It was a joke. Still have no defense for your dead end comment?”

Well, the comment is taken partially out of context. I made that comment in conjunction with another thread that was being discussed at around the same time about minimum wages and jobs at places such as WalMart, Burger King and McDonalds, etc. as being dead end corporate jobs combined with my comment on the Opihi pickers as to what would happen if there was 2 employees at say a WalMart etc dying on the job within two weeks. 

Taken in and of itself, it could be considered a disgusting comment. How it was offered, just like your joke, did not mean nor was meant to be an insult.

I could accept that response if it had been mentioned in the Opihi Picker thread. Anyone reading only the opihi picker thread would not get that connection. Even after I pointed it out to you in that thread, you ignored my comments about it. No clarification or explanation. You made a wise crack about drinking on an earlier post, so I decided to bring a little levity into this discussion.

I already stated that we can agree to disagree. Now that Tom's thread has been seriously derailed and numerous punawebbers are full from eating popcorn and reading through all of this, are you ready to agree to disagree?
Wahine

Lead by example

Messages In This Thread
MK controversy thread - by TomK - 12-21-2023, 07:36 AM
RE: Mauna Kea/Maunakea controversy thread - by Wao nahele wahine - 06-15-2024, 11:57 PM