Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
MK controversy thread
(06-15-2024, 09:53 PM)kalianna Wrote: ... sigh... Iʻm trying to ignore her but the quotes still show up.  I guess not even a trip to Honolulu deters her from her 1.9 posts a day.  But just have to agree with you Ms. Wahine.  I havenʻt seen anything misogynistic in any of My Mana'oʻs posts.  It was that "pet" comment that she misinterpreted that started the whole thing.

Let's break this down. MyManoa claimed I picked up a new pet. The pet was HiloJulie. Despite the fact that HiloJulie and I have never met, he referred to her as a "pet". That's not a nice thing to say about a woman if you are a man; it essentially says that he considers the woman a pet in a male-female relationship. I think that's an outdated and misogynist view of women. He did the same with Pam. Rather than seeing a woman as an equal partner in a relationship, even if it's a relationship in his mind only, he sees the woman as a pet.

BTW, what does the number of posts per day or where someone went have to do with anything?

Messages In This Thread
MK controversy thread - by TomK - 12-21-2023, 07:36 AM
RE: Mauna Kea/Maunakea controversy thread - now gossip central - by TomK - 06-16-2024, 09:19 AM