Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hawaii Decarbonization Settlement 2045
"Pot growers use carbon dioxide generators in their grow rooms to increase yield.  It's a thing."

Well, as they say, you learn something new every day!

The reason I asked was that in as much as I've never grown marijuana, I have over the years met and seen several huge commercial pot growers/grow operations in both California and Colorado - and they were like CO2 was the anti-christ to them. 

I've heard of its use in commercial greenhouses for plants, flowers, fruits and vegetables, but the guys whom I met - and these were massive growing operations - 100,000 square foot plus industrial buildings converted into grow rooms - and they were really strict on all things CO2. No cars allowed within several hundred feet of the building - all equipment, such as forklifts etc., were all battery operated - with ultra no smoking/vaping (of anything) allowed. There were two grow sites I got to see that even limited the number of humans that could be in the grow house at any one time as well as for no more than 60 minutes - with 60 minutes of no one allowed after. They even had special insulated 3- or 4-inch diameter iron piping run on the outside of the buildings that they could hook up the exhaust stacks of these 200-amp standby generators that took the exhaust far away from any possible entrance to the buildings. They had also spent tens of thousands of dollars on air conditioning/filtration systems as well.

Now, it might be a different story of it increased POTENCY but from what I gathered their opinion was the yield increase was not worth the cost.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hawaii Decarbonization Settlement 2045 - by HiloJulie - 07-09-2024, 03:53 AM