Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
End of an Era - the Jagger Museum & Observatory is no more
During one of the more recent anniversary events they opened up the Observatory side of the complex and gave 5-10 minute lessons on the science being done in each of the labs. While we didn't get to go up in the tower, the kids got a kick out of getting to sit at a lab bench and see the samples taken from the field and better understand the nuts and bolts of being a HVO scientist. Hopefully they can continue this community outreach either at their new field office or through events in conjunction with HVNP, as it provides a valuable window for the public to appreciate the work being done.

It'll be strange to stand by the rock wall at the overlook and not have either the museum or the tower at one's back. Nothing constant but change, and all that, I guess.

Regardless, thanks for the slice of insider knowledge and history and for the movie reference! (a disaster film I missed, with Cool Hand Luke and Mr. Miyagi, filmed on the Big Island - sign me up, regardless of the reviews or Newman's regrets :)

Messages In This Thread
RE: End of an Era - the Jagger Museum & Observatory is no more - by ironyak - 07-29-2024, 05:47 PM