Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Important Puna Transportation Meeting
Hi Glen, I spotted you there I believe but we will connect sometime.

Sunshine Law question:

The Puna Commuity Development Plan (PCDP) has a Steering Committee (SC) of about nine members. They are appointed by the county and are subject to the Sunshine Law which means they are not allowed to meet in private, without public meeting notices and agenda.
A county lawyer produced an idiot opinion that the Sunshine Law meant that more than two of them can't attend a meeting like the one you saw.

As you saw some of them didn't like that.

I think that lawyer is a fool. One could take that opinion and say they can't attend chuech, a concert, a movie or whatever if more than two SC members are there.

On the meeting overall: I had hopes that the transportation consultant would have a well constructed plan to put forward, He had, and wanted to focus on, the easy obvious stuff. The deep thinking was apparenltly too deep for him and he wants to defer long term planning for a long time. Geez. This firm's getting paid too much money to do so little. Circles and charts and arrows but little real planning.

Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator

Messages In This Thread
RE: Important Puna Transportation Meeting - by Rob Tucker - 08-09-2007, 04:06 AM