Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Important Puna Transportation Meeting
http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/arti...ocal03.txt

I didn't attend... From what I read about it... in the paper... I had to laugh... They brought up money shortages due to Iraq and bridge collapsing. Sigh.... Pass the buck... BS...

Suggestions that people come up with are kinda off beat and wishful thinking....

Roundabouts cost tons of cash and well, you don't get very many for the money you pay... And the other suggestion of closing the Keaau bypass at the school isn't going to solve anything ... There is still going to be a lot of traffic and the bottle neck will remain...

I guess the way I see it, first continue the four lane highway to the end of makuu dr... Put a few lights in and plenty of turning lanes at Shower, Paradise, Orchidland Drive and wherever else they might be needed...

Now before anyone starts jumping on me .. I don't even live on those roads I just know its busy there and would be hell to get across or to turn into or out of those lanes... This would also solve the bottleneck problem. Tho, I have no idea how much it would cost... But that is the best solution for the $$...

Seems to me like the meeting didn't go well at all...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Important Puna Transportation Meeting - by ericlp - 08-09-2007, 10:07 AM