Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What does it take to have sanitary conditions
People have known about Puna for a long time, kimowires, but the threat of the lava wiping out your property has deterred many. People have gotten complacent since Kilauea began running lava one fairly dependable direction - forgetting that Kehena beach didn't exist prior to 1955, and that Kapoho village was buried by fountains of lava in 1960.

There's a reason the land is cheaper, and it's more than just having cinder roads and catchment water. People used to build modest homes in Puna, homes that could be written off if need be ... now people build as if the lava is unlikely to be an issue, which I think is shortsighted.

Those who treat the beach as alternative and transient might have it right. Why should the County spend millions on an assessment plan when other beaches not far away no longer exist due to lava flows. Do you realize that the Kalapana area was zoned resort and was going to have development until the lava covered Kalapana beach? Oops.

To Greg -- yes, I see your point. My earlier post about the malihini was just responding to what others said on the topic about how malihini always want to make changes. I personally don't go to Kehena and am not in a position to judge how many of the regulars are newbies. I do know someone from North Kohala who drives all the way down there for the Sunday drumming (a Rastafarian witch (WICCA) who drums).

Messages In This Thread
RE: What does it take to have sanitary conditions - by Guest - 09-17-2008, 06:00 PM
RE: What does it take to have sanitary conditions - by Guest - 09-18-2008, 12:57 PM
RE: What does it take to have sanitary conditions - by missydog1 - 09-20-2008, 08:35 AM
RE: What does it take to have sanitary conditions - by missydog1 - 09-21-2008, 06:52 AM
RE: What does it take to have sanitary conditions - by missydog1 - 09-21-2008, 09:57 AM
RE: What does it take to have sanitary conditions - by Guest - 09-22-2008, 10:52 AM