Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Appeals to the Tax Board of Review
Bob,
The Hawaii county assessor told me that it is based on the previos years values. Here in Washington State our values were reduced signifigantly (within king and snohomish counties that is) here they are based on the previos years sales values also but they always keep them at about 80% true market value to play it safe. Hawaii appears to go full market value and then not back off when things go south and that is not acceptable.

Carol,
Sorry to hear they pushed you around.
They are probing the boundaries as indicated by the question they asked of you (did they provide you with a transcript of the hearing? If so keep hold of it, it may be of importance in the future). This is the wrong time for the county to be probing how far they can push the people around.
You’ve always got the courts if you’re not happy with the board’s arbitration decision. In that scenario, the assessor’s opinion will not carry the same influence and everything you cited will be relevant. Though I doubt it’s now worth the hassle to take it to court and they know that, therein lays the dirty element in all this.

Well they have our property (vacant land) assessed $40k over its actual 2008 sales value as indicated by the 2008 sales data. There’s no way to claim foreclosures in this case and it’s clear as day. They are going to squeeze everything they can get from people whether they (the county) are within the guidelines of the law or not, that’s now evident.

E ho'a'o no i pau kuhihewa.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Appeals to the Tax Board of Review - by Wao nahele kane - 07-14-2009, 04:01 PM
RE: Appeals to the Tax Board of Review - by missydog1 - 07-17-2009, 12:08 AM
RE: Appeals to the Tax Board of Review - by Obie - 07-17-2009, 01:45 AM
RE: Appeals to the Tax Board of Review - by Obie - 07-17-2009, 05:01 AM
RE: Appeals to the Tax Board of Review - by Obie - 07-17-2009, 08:32 AM
RE: Appeals to the Tax Board of Review - by Obie - 07-19-2009, 09:28 PM
RE: Appeals to the Tax Board of Review - by missydog1 - 02-06-2011, 03:03 PM