Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Appeals to the Tax Board of Review
Kathy,

I clearly don't think you understand my last post. I am in now way saying we can afford or want to pay CA's ridiculous taxes. Their Prop 13 system is clearly unfair. We have been trying to sell that house since we bought this one last August. But their market is flooded with bad mortgages and even after dropping our price for more than $500,000 less than we paid for it, it is not selling. Yes, we can afford the payments and the taxes... in a sick sort of way. It is eating away at our portfolios for sure.

The whole reason we choose Hawaii as a place to retire is because of the low property taxes and the many exemptions for seniors. The sales taxes are also far less, even if we have to pay excise tax on some things we would not have had to pay for before.

I seriously doubt that someone on a Sugar Company pension is going to have the same property value and taxes as we do. Certainly not the same as CA taxes. Nobody should have to pay those prices for owning a home. That was really a silly comment.

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com
www.eastbaypotters.blogspot.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Appeals to the Tax Board of Review - by Devany - 07-15-2009, 12:55 PM
RE: Appeals to the Tax Board of Review - by missydog1 - 07-17-2009, 12:08 AM
RE: Appeals to the Tax Board of Review - by Obie - 07-17-2009, 01:45 AM
RE: Appeals to the Tax Board of Review - by Obie - 07-17-2009, 05:01 AM
RE: Appeals to the Tax Board of Review - by Obie - 07-17-2009, 08:32 AM
RE: Appeals to the Tax Board of Review - by Obie - 07-19-2009, 09:28 PM
RE: Appeals to the Tax Board of Review - by missydog1 - 02-06-2011, 03:03 PM