Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Appeals to the Tax Board of Review
quote:
Originally posted by Wao nahele kane

Obie,
The issue is not about where your circumstances are at. It about the county assessor who has in many other cases assessed land far above true market value and exceeded the prescribed law. Therefore your stating that you think all properties that are over assesed should suck it up and get screwed, while you kick back and have nothing to worry about? Nothing is going to change your situation, it will only effect those who have been over assessed.

E ho'a'o no i pau kuhihewa.

Hey Jungle Man

Where did you get that attitude of yours ??Better lose it before you move here or you will be in for a lifetime of misery !!

I didn't say anything about others sucking it up and getting screwed.I was affirming what Scott said about his own low taxes and although I didn't come out and say it I was trying to explain to Carol why some may think of the amount they pay as laughable.Amazing may have been a better word to use though.If you bought when values were down and lived in the house so you can apply for the home owners exemption you get a $40,000. exemption and a different rate than those who are absentee owners and those who own bare land.If you are lucky enough to be over 60 then the exemption is $80,000.There is also an additional 20% exemption that started in 2005.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Appeals to the Tax Board of Review - by missydog1 - 07-17-2009, 12:08 AM
RE: Appeals to the Tax Board of Review - by Obie - 07-17-2009, 01:45 AM
RE: Appeals to the Tax Board of Review - by Obie - 07-17-2009, 05:01 AM
RE: Appeals to the Tax Board of Review - by Obie - 07-17-2009, 08:32 AM
RE: Appeals to the Tax Board of Review - by Obie - 07-19-2009, 09:28 PM
RE: Appeals to the Tax Board of Review - by missydog1 - 02-06-2011, 03:03 PM