Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Appeals to the Tax Board of Review
Obie,
There’s no attitude on my behalf, but if you are agreeing with Scott you are agreeing that we should not complain as he says because his taxes are so low anyhow…

“You really need to stop comparing Hawaii with the mainland. Things are much different here and they move much slower.
I’ll bet you will spend more money between your flight and lodging then you will recoup from the evil tax assessor, surprise, surprise.
Our taxes are so low that I have my wife run down and pay them the same day we get it.
I don’t want them to think they made a mistake and under charged me.”

The last sentence is very clear in its intent, he doesn’t want them thinking they made a mistake because we are disputing the assessed value on our land. So who has the attitude? I’m not telling anyone not to exercise their rights and I’m not telling anyone what to do, I’m not telling people to not compare municipal responsibilities. I asked a question regarding whether or not anyone else had filled with the board and made a comment about how most counties across the country are reducing assessments this year and that Hawaii County is failing to automatically reduce assessments like most the other counties.
Now you’re telling me I have attitude? I think you need to hold up a mirror.

I appologize for the question if that was not your intent, but the seming arogance in the reply from Scott was not "kool".

E ho'a'o no i pau kuhihewa.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Appeals to the Tax Board of Review - by missydog1 - 07-17-2009, 12:08 AM
RE: Appeals to the Tax Board of Review - by Obie - 07-17-2009, 01:45 AM
RE: Appeals to the Tax Board of Review - by Obie - 07-17-2009, 05:01 AM
RE: Appeals to the Tax Board of Review - by Wao nahele kane - 07-17-2009, 06:50 AM
RE: Appeals to the Tax Board of Review - by Obie - 07-17-2009, 08:32 AM
RE: Appeals to the Tax Board of Review - by Obie - 07-19-2009, 09:28 PM
RE: Appeals to the Tax Board of Review - by missydog1 - 02-06-2011, 03:03 PM