Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCUBA Sunday/BEACH FUN DAY August 2
It was a comedy of errors regarding the grill. First I left the hot dogs in the fridge as I had already loaded the salads and hummus in the cooler directly as I made them. Then We tried calling Keith to buy hot dogs... just as he arrived (too late) then we called Bonnie and Joey just as they arrived (too late again). Then we called Pam, who had already gone back home to get the eggs she forgot to bring me, so she backtracked again to go to Safeway and buy hot dogs, then we realized that Dick forgot to bring the grill. So they went and bought the portable grills at Safeway, on sale for 3 for $5! All's well that ends well.

A great time was had by all (as always) and we did not get a drop of rain. The surf was average and the snorkeling was fantastic. The water was warm and clear out by the reef. I think that there is a rain Goddess that looks out for us at Richardson's. It is amazing that no matter what it "looks like" it will be like, we still have nice weather every time! No Scuba Divers this month though.

It was fun watching the turtles next to our picnic site. One was HUGE.

I went snorkeling at Mauna Kea Beach for over an hour on Friday and my friend went swimming for quite a while too, no Jelly fish then. It was beautiful. I did have a turtle following me there, which was kind of fun. I kept trying to get out of her way, but she was swimming next to me no matter where I went near the rocks/reef there. When I finally turned out to the sandy area she left me.

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com
www.eastbaypotters.blogspot.com

Messages In This Thread
SCUBA Sunday/BEACH FUN DAY August 2 - by Carey - 07-30-2009, 04:53 AM
RE: SCUBA Sunday/BEACH FUN DAY August 2 - by missydog1 - 08-01-2009, 06:26 AM
RE: SCUBA Sunday/BEACH FUN DAY August 2 - by missydog1 - 08-02-2009, 06:47 PM
RE: SCUBA Sunday/BEACH FUN DAY August 2 - by Devany - 08-03-2009, 03:31 AM
RE: SCUBA Sunday/BEACH FUN DAY August 2 - by missydog1 - 08-03-2009, 07:19 AM