Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where would you tell a friend to live?
quote:
Originally posted by KathyH
...I am quite sure you are right about the E&O; it is just my experience that agents have never used that as the reason they can't be there...
Kathy, you should subscribe to the online "RIS Media" real estate publication. There is hardly a single issue without some home inspection nightmare story where the agents were held responsible by the courts. There recently was a story about an agent who was just as helpful as yours explaining the dry rot, but she still was held liable. (I have never attended a home inspection because I can't even change a light bulb, but that's another matter.) [Big Grin] Our E&O Insurance Company gave as a form with the following language that all of our clients are required to sign.

The agents of Typically Tropical Properties are not trained and not authorized to do property inspections for our clients. Professional inspections are absolutely essential: there is no practical substitute for a professional inspection as a measure to discover and investigate the defects or shortcomings in a home. Typically Tropical Properties recommends using a professional, licensed/certified property inspector for all inspections, regardless of representing Buyers and/or Sellers.

BTW, you would be surprised how many real estate companies are operating without E&O insurance!

Aloha,
John S. Rabi, GM,PB,ABR,CRB,CM,FHS
http://www.JohnRabi.com
Typically Tropical Properties
"The Next Level of Service!"
This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: http://www.nsm88.org/aboutus.html

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where would you tell a friend to live? - by missydog1 - 08-05-2009, 11:05 AM
RE: Where would you tell a friend to live? - by missydog1 - 08-05-2009, 01:05 PM
RE: Where would you tell a friend to live? - by John S. Rabi - 08-07-2009, 01:40 PM