Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kapoho Beach Road may be public, official says
It all sounds to me like there's a person grasping at straws in the matter. There's no way public access will work down there, regardless of whether or not the road can be proven to be public domain or not.

I'm sort of fed up with this public access to beaches bull. The county should start making some public beaches. We own the equipment and land already, just hire a few folks to break up the lava and push it out to sea, toss in a parking lot boat ramp and wham a beach with break water is born. I mean really... think about it, making beaches is cheaper and eisier than making roads. As per the sea life... it won't harm a thing that cannot spring right back by many fold in the calmer waters, aside from that Madam Pele burns those creatures out of house and home all the time. She doesn't discriminate, why should we?

In addition to the above, how many people sitting in prison can operate heavy equipment? Why not pull them out of the cage and put them to work making beaches all over Hawaii? Prisoners gain valuable work experience and earn a sense of accomplishment all while giving back to the community. The community will prosper through tourism by all the great beaches that will spring up etc.

We've got to face the facts... all the good beaches are either surrounded by homes/development, not accessable or crammed with people. Now ask yourself why tourism is in the toilet? I never thought of Hawaii as having great beaches but I've always thought we had very few beaches and they are crowded at that. It's time to get innovative and make our coastlines work for us instead of laying about and crying about tourism being down and not having access to beaches. It makes no sense when every ounce of raw material and manpower are free and at our immediate call.
;p

E ho'a'o no i pau kuhihewa.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kapoho Beach Road may be public, official says - by missydog1 - 08-19-2009, 04:01 PM
RE: Kapoho Beach Road may be public, official says - by missydog1 - 08-19-2009, 05:02 PM
RE: Kapoho Beach Road may be public, official says - by Wao nahele kane - 08-20-2009, 06:26 AM
RE: Kapoho Beach Road may be public, official says - by missydog1 - 08-20-2009, 07:52 AM
RE: Kapoho Beach Road may be public, official says - by missydog1 - 08-20-2009, 09:29 AM