Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
buying used shipping containers (again)
I'm still on my quest to buy a used shipping container. Here is the information I have so far:

Prices at Affordable Portable Housing have recently risen to 4550k (cash price). 40 or 20 footers are about the same price. Add about $400 if you are paying with a credit card. The containers are reportedly 8 years old.

Big Island Container and Storage is $5,300 and up for a 40 footer. 20 footers aren't much cheaper. The advantage here is that you can inspect the container first (as opposed to going to Oahu to inspect one from APH). No cash discount if you aren't paying with a credit card. The containers are reportedly 10 years old.

Still waiting to hear back from Hawaii modular space.

None of the players have ever responded to requests through their web sites. Calling in person is the only way to (eventually) reach them.

None of the prices include trucking to the site, about $400-$750 if the container is on the same side of the island as where you want it.

I can get a good quality 20' container on the west coast of the mainland for under $1400. Haven't yet figured out if shipping an empty container to Hawaii is cheaper than island prices. I'm still trying to crack the code.

Any comments or ideas are appreciated.

Messages In This Thread
buying used shipping containers (again) - by terracore - 08-28-2011, 09:57 AM