Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A request for photography suggestions
All,

Apologies for this, I think I might be the least locally-traveled person on the Island and am going to ask for some suggestions. For nearly 15 years I worked on Mauna Kea but only took up photgraphy a couple of years ago but with recent changes I don't go up there anymore. Some of you may have seen my pictures from the summit.

I'm trying to find places on the Big Island for photography. This isn't a commercial venture, just a hobby, but I'm also very busy during the day (and at night!) so can't scout out places very easily, especially those that aren't on the usual tourist trail.

If anyone has some places they know that might offer some potential please drop me a line or of course answer here (I'm aware that some might not welcome extra visitors in places they love and treasure, hence the email request). I'm particularly interested in sunset/sunrise shots plus the ocean but am open to any ideas.

East side of the island is good for me, particularly Puna or Hilo, but am open to suggestions to anywhere else on the island.

Many thanks in advance, and please don't think you have to know about photography to suggest a place, I'm just looking for places I haven't explored yet. Any suggestion will be very welcome.

Tom
http://apacificview.blogspot.com/

Messages In This Thread
A request for photography suggestions - by TomK - 02-19-2012, 08:37 PM
RE: A request for photography suggestions - by missydog1 - 02-20-2012, 08:52 AM
RE: A request for photography suggestions - by missydog1 - 02-20-2012, 03:28 PM
RE: A request for photography suggestions - by dmbwest - 02-20-2012, 05:10 PM