Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
County Prohibition on Indonesian Lumber?
Ric,
At this time, the company in question (I also assume others) are in the process of taking the county to court on the matter (no doubt on who will win this one). I would assume a ruling will come from this matter and who knows what it may do... it may cause changes in the codes themselves.
The fact this company is fighting it in court should they win will still open the doors to others too, so I don't agree they are not willing to allow others to compete with them should they do testing. Perhaps the Indonesians may view matters on pure principle rather than making a quick buck, they are of course a differing culture with differing values.

I think this is a good lesson on foreign relations… make sure the culture your messing with is going to play the game the way you want or you may lose far more than you anticipated in the after math. In the meanwhile this matter is now costing the Hawaii tax payer money as the county is fighting in court vs. simply doing what’s right and accepting the material. The CoH council should stop the prohibition in the best interest of everyone.

E ho'a'o no i pau kuhihewa.

Messages In This Thread
RE: County Prohibition on Indonesian Lumber? - by Wao nahele kane - 01-10-2010, 10:57 AM