Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
County Prohibition on Indonesian Lumber?
I'm not sure when the matter will be heard. Basically I know nothing much more than what I pulled out of the e-mail and posted here. I have found other suppliers though.

With regard to Bamboo there is a need to include an ICC cert on specific attributes but it ends right there.
With regard to U.S. harvested lumber it is a matter of recognition through the appropriate agencies such as ALS board for the U.S. and the CLSAB for Canandian lumbers both of wich control the NLGA for grading north american dimensional lumbers. The ECC is not that sort of testing agency or organization. Specialty things only.

With regard to ICC and Bamboo, I saw no specific test on the wood fibers themselves as these where already known attributes. I did find specific tests under the conditions of laminating attributes such as those in LVL manufactired beams and such.
I would like to point out the bamboo tests were also focused on the structural elements of Bamboos natural grown form and how its natural structural form reacts under specific conditions. When we're talking common lumbers, such structure form elements are already known factors and tested by the lumber authority in question unlike the natural form structure of Bamboo under stresses. Bamboo does not grow in the same structural form as other wood lumbers.
I've not found any tests by the ICC regarding natural useages of common lumber form woods.
Those test are typically preformed by other entities and don't require special tests by the ICC from what I've found.

E ho'a'o no i pau kuhihewa.

Messages In This Thread
RE: County Prohibition on Indonesian Lumber? - by Wao nahele kane - 01-10-2010, 12:09 PM