Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP Biz
No where else we can go to vent John. No one on the board listens. Besides, so what if it costs more... I know that is a concern but we don't even know the cost. Paying to be ignored and abused isn't worth it. Paying for horrid roads isn't worth any savings. We have been throwing money at the mess for almost 4 years now. I was taught to get good value for my hard earned dollars. The majority board right now is arrogant, obstructive and frankly stupid by choice.
I guess none of you realize that Mermaid is now a member of the board and because of that she can no longer post here !

Why don't you try to hire somebody to just maintain the right of way in front of your property and maintain the road in front of your property and see what it will cost you.It would be several thousand a year.

For the amount of your road fees you couldn't even keep the grass cut !
I don’t get paid anything to cut the grass in front of my house. I’ll be glad to get an extra $335 for it! I mow about 40 times a year, HPP maybe twice if we’re lucky. Remember, 1/2-acre lots are paying double what the 1-acre lots are so we should be getting twice the maintenance!
Puna: Our roosters crow first
"I don’t get paid anything to cut the grass in front of my house."

we don't either eight fingers....my partner doesn't get paid to mow the easements of our neighbors, or fill the pot holes at the beginning of our road when they become too deep. ... but we do it.
Disagree with Obie suggesting that this maintenance would be several thousand a year..simply to maintain the easement and road in front of our house, .but the point is, this is our home, this is our investment......what purpose does it serve to live in a dump and fume that it's not getting done? Why screw up our cars?

Our road maintenance association... is being mismanaged....that's obvious....and I suppose it will take a huge crisis (ENORMOUS assessment )before homeowners wake up ....even then, they most likely will only scream and holler. Seems that's all our society is interested in doing any more.
So, as long as our association is being mismanaged, we are all losing money and the debt is escalating.
Obie, why does being on the board stop someone from posting here?
Certainty will be the death of us.
Because the board has a statement posted that HPPOA is the only place to post official buisness.

Why should she abide by hppoa laws? Lol

Dan D
HPP

HPP
First off, what ever happened to showing pride in your home and property. I grew up where people loved to keep their homes and yard beautiful because they were proud of ownership. They were responsible owners and realized that this was their home not just a place to eat and sleep. They were not afraid to work hard for their investment. Now people want something given to them. Feel entitled just for the sake that they exist. It is all about them and what they can get for nothing which only cheats others. As the saying goes, there's no such thing as a free lunch. Your gonna pay for it some how, some way. These are the people that live in HPP that know the value of their dollars. Even if one can afford to pay more it is a matter of being wise and wise people do not throw money and see no return. They do not throw money at someone who is nontransparent, vulgar and inept. Unfortunately the "it's all about me and I want it free" crowd seems to dominate. What do they care if it isn't their money being wasted. And a whole bunch of people who could care less that our bylaws are being shredded left and right.
".we are going to have a problem finding responsible replacements, as most decent people in hpp that have tried
Have allready been burned by the negative response of the hppoa people in charge."

Remember posting this, dan d ?

Then you post this in reference to Mermaid attempting to make a change by serving on the board... "Why should she abide by hppoa laws? Lol "

She has spent years volunteering for our Assoc., takes the ByLaws seriously and most likely is taking a lot of heat from other Board members who aren't interested in governing according to our bylaws. I appreciate she is trying and I fail to see your humor.
Just trying to follow along...not really sure why.

Obie posted:

"Because the board has a statement posted that HPPOA is the only place to post official buisness."

Is this in the bylaws, or is is it just a statement by the board?

Point being that reporting on a public forum what happened in a public meeting shouldn't be an issue as long as it's accurate. If it's in the bylaws that's one thing, but if it's just the board trying to limit information then it should be ignored.