Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bicker Board
It was worse than an incompetent decision. The Leilani subdivision was approved by the county only about four years after the village of Kapoho was wiped out by lava. So the risk was not only known, it was apparent. Most of our enduring problems here were creations of county malfeasance. Traffic jams, lousy roads, lack of water the list goes on.

PGV is right where it should be and I'd like to see it expand.
HiloJulie - So what’s good for the goose isn’t good for the gander?

candlelight, wildfire,
reflected both on the pond,
trees sigh, wind rises

HOTPE - a carved in wood post from around one evening’s campfire ...

Sun shines, grass grows. Deer
eats, man hunts. Man dies, grass grows.
New black fire breaks all.
(07-06-2024, 02:31 PM)leilanidude Wrote: HiloJulie Wrote:
Putting a geothermal power plant in the middle of a residential neighborhood is a grossly incompetent as one can get when there are numerous other places much more suitable.
---------------
The geothermal plant is in the perfect spot for it. The neighborhood is the thing that is in the wrong spot. Allowing a neighborhood to be literally on top of an active rift zone, was the incompetent decision.

(07-06-2024, 04:08 PM)Rob Tucker Wrote: It was worse than an incompetent decision.  The Leilani subdivision was approved by the county only about four years after the village of Kapoho was wiped out by lava.  So the risk was not only known, it was apparent.  Most of our enduring problems here were creations of county malfeasance.  Traffic jams, lousy roads, lack of water the list goes on.

PGV is right where it should be and I'd like to see it expand.

I can't agree more with the both of you. Especially the County involvement in all of this. Why both residential and geothermal were allowed to exist next to eachother is directly at the County's feet no doubt.

The initial creation of a whole crap load of subdivided lots all over East Hawaii that was created by the County more or less "betting on the come" right before statehood also continued after statehood - with places such as Leilani. Then geothermal came along and the County said - how's about right here! 

And yes, I'd love to see geothermal tripled or even quadrupled in size. And there are also other areas where it could be developed. However, having said that, if geothermal were to be done in any other place other than where it is right now, the grid tie in would add a whole new layer of complexity.

(07-06-2024, 04:27 PM)ironyak Wrote: HiloJulie - So what’s good for the goose isn’t good for the gander?

candlelight, wildfire,
reflected both on the pond,
trees sigh, wind rises

hypocrisy you
knows no bounds as to debate
good for you not me
Leilani isn't "residential", it's "agricultural". Things would have turned out differently had it been used for its intended purpose.
Fools clash endlessly
Never grasp the truth they seek
Empty words echo
Youʻve created quite a monster here, HOTPE. :-)
Certainty will be the death of us.
Edge shifts from shadows
Primal life into darkness
Monster awakens
Ag lot: build a house
Right next door: frack baby frack
Next stop: bicker board
HiloJulie said:
And yes, I'd love to see geothermal tripled or even quadrupled in size. And there are also other areas where it could be developed. However, having said that, if geothermal were to be done in any other place other than where it is right now, the grid tie in would add a whole new layer of complexity.
---------
Where are these other areas, in your opinion?
There is no issue with grid tie in anymore than any other energy project on the island.
HiloJulie - hypocrisy you...

Lamed one-trick pony
brays alone, over the hill
Boxer's reward crests.

kalianna - Youʻve created quite a monster here, HOTPE. :-)

Having found new game,
red-headed step-child cries "Yo,
WTF?" ;)