Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back Home to Hawaii...
http://www.honsador.com/default.asp?doctype=mm&C_ID=72

Ajit this company Honsodor may have something you would like to look at. Aloha Mella L

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
Thanks Mella,

Here is another source of packaged homes http://packagehomes.com/, referred by someone who built a place in Orchidland.

If you request for flyers they will provide more models. Are you guys building from a package using a GC? The numbers I am hearing is approximately $100 square foot for a GC built homes.

Ajit
Hi Ajit,
It's me Lee, Glad you made it back safely.
HPM has excellant package homes and the experience of having built thousands of homes on the island. Good luck on your land purchase I assume it's the one we looked at.
Very tropical and lush lot just what you were looking for.
Mahalo
Lee

I've been advocating some sort of owner-builder forum for 3 years or so. About closests I've come is the posts archived here and on Hilo web plus exchange of individual emails. Hilo web has topics already set up so it is easy to go and ask question, post experiences etc. Of course, I've not always been timely posting my own experiences with the shed project, but I hope to do better with the main house.

David
Ninole in 51 days

Ninole Resident
Hi Lee,

Many thanks to Ana and you for your wonderful hospitality and thanks for helping me check out some of the areas in OrchidLand and Ainaloa. It was a pleasure to stay at your lovely Bed and Breakfast.

Awesome, another source for package homes; http://www.hpm-hawaii.com/

Ajit
Aloha All,

A quick question for those of you that have already gone down the path...

Prepackaged home or a custom designed Hawaiian Plantation Style house on stilts with a extra large lanai?

Besides the extra expense of designing your own place, what the the pros/cons for the owner builder?

Any Information anyone can provide is very much appreciated.

Mahalo,

Ajit

Edited by - adias on 09/09/2005 09:21:47
I spoke with my drafter about this very subject. Turns out that when all is said and done, the prices you pay for package homes are more than for a custom. Besides, with a custom you get what you really want. Good Luck!!

Just another day in P A R A D I S E !!
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
Hi Pam,

Thanks for the feedback. Although, one would assume the package would cost less than custom. We are thinking of contacting Janel, whom you recommended and see what she comes up with.

Got a chance to read your “memoirs”, lovely writings and much valuable information. Always good to see people follow their dreams and make dreams into reality. Gives everyone hope of realizing their own dreams. Keep up the writing, looking forward to reading about your adventures.

Aloha,

Ajit

Edited by - adias on 09/10/2005 11:58:44
Aloha,

What is the usual procedure for having the land surveyed and some sort of permanent boundary marker put in place? Foot high concrete posts perhaps? Does the guys who survey do this?

Mahalo

Ajit
Ajit,
The surveyor does mark your property with wooden stakes and bright orange plastic tape on all four corners of your property.
Lee