Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaii recognized for excellence
Have you ever noticed standing in line that most have EBT cards? I always make a note of it, wherever I am. It's amazing. I'm thinking of maybe we should all have a EBT cards. A requirement to live in Puna.

Maybe when I pay with my bank of hawaii card, they are looking at me as the 1%.. Rich bastard!

I would eat much healthier and finally, afford to shop at safeway!

Fun story Hotpe, maybe you should write a guide, how to pick up hippie chicks in town. I'm thinking you need a building permit to have power to run a fridge, so that's out! Smile
Non-example: DOT letting federal money sometimes rot off the branch.

I assume this is to avoid having to eventually spend any of that money on neighbor island infrastructure. Oahu can always raise taxes on its residents, or revise the GET/TAT "sharing" formula, or just shuffle money around as necessary -- current forecasts are that the rail project is $1.5B over budget, more than enough to play "hide the funding".

EBT, on the other hand, looks like a goodwill gesture towards The People (especially Those Less Fortunate) and helps them (pretend they can) still afford to live here.

" Not really, but not sure since you didn't say specifically what you were referring too...?

But you let dakine slide with this?:...
"

Yeah, it does ...referring to the post immediately above my initial post. The kind that makes my eyes glaze over.

As for my duty to comment on dakine's post in this thread, I simply didn't much feel the need.
I was at Walmart recently and the lady in front of me was buying her Christmas presents with her EBT card. The "workaround" was that all the presents were gift-basketed styles of things that could be eaten, complete with wrapping etc already on it. Some of the items did qualify for EBT, others the computer refused to accept as an EBT item even though it was "food". The ones that didn't qualify, she didn't buy.