Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red road, Uncle Roberts - good intro to B.I.?
Hilo Bay Cafe is a nice spot

Moon & Turtle is "downtown", better for walking around (if you're into that sort of thing).

Lucie's.also in Hilo, is a decent Mexican restaurant.

Sit at bar. Order pitcher of margaritas. Take cab ride back to hotel.
Anybody seen this article? I find it amazing people choose to live there-

http://www.honolulumagazine.com/Honolulu...nd-Hawaii/
Aqua hotels just sent out an email with their Flash Sale rates for HI hotels, including the Grand Naniloa
http://www.aquaresorts.com/flash-sale/?srcmod=email1&utm_source=Aqua+A-List&utm_campaign=e929c41155-Aqua_Flash_Sale_email1_10_14_2016&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_67143b8119-e929c41155-48619441&mc_cid=e929c41155&mc_eid=01f6b060f4
Carey, we owe you AT LEAST a lilikoi margarita! I signed up for the A-list insider and will call them to see what we can do about our rate. At minimum with the A list we would get 10% off, a welcome basket and a room upgrade (if available). We'll see what the flash sale offers on Tuesday.

Thank You!
You may want to stop at CC BBQ. Makai side of 130 just before the infamous Pahoa roundabout. Great homemade everything and Peggy is a hoot to. Also make sure you do a dip in the Hot Ahulani hot pond on the Red Road. Pele heated fresh water and great ocean intake to moderate. Usually around 95 or so.
Well, if you are around on the first Sunday of Nov, the PW Beach Sundays still meet at Richardsons Beach Park
We'll be there Nov 16th through the 28th... I have family in Kona and my parents decided to spend thanksgiving over there this year. So we decided to go over as well. Well spend the majority of our time on the east side but Tues/Wed/Thurs of thanksgiving at my parents timeshare in Kona. Otherwise I would would love to have come to the PW Beach event and meet some of the folks I've been reading for all this time.

We may try the BBQ place, but to be honest I am usually disappointed with restaurant BBQ. I have a smoker and make my own just about every week. Years of trial and error, tweaking rubs, etc makes it just like I like it. Hard to beat, but comparisons are always interesting...

Just a quick update. Thanks to Carey we foind a pretty good deal. I've posted details in a thread specific to the Grand Naniloa:

http://www.punaweb.org/Forum/topic.asp?whichpage=2&TOPIC_ID=22786#250904
Uncle Robert's is a must. A bit of advice: the police have been setting up drunk driving checkpoints sometimes to nab intoxicated drivers leaving Uncle Roberts. Plan accordingly.
quote:
Originally posted by Peter Easterling

Uncle Robert's is a must. A bit of advice: the police have been setting up drunk driving checkpoints sometimes to nab intoxicated drivers leaving Uncle Roberts. Plan accordingly.

Peter, your statement implies that if HPD was not around then drunk driving would be okay. As if the only reason not to drive while intoxicated was merely to avoid law enforcement.