Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Winter snow
Ok mr tom, i have lived here 20+ years and hve skiied the summit a dozen times. I can tell by looking at the keck webcam if there is enough snow to ski it bro.So far i havent hurt myself doin it,tho my son was stupid e ough to go down from the uh 88 at full speed on a boogy board and got a cuncussion( wife blaamed it on me as we all got hypoxia lol)
He missed the boulder at the bottom by 10 feet,lucky i guess.

So tom is there a place on the forum for pm`s? I didnt see it?. I have an xtera and ready when its good enough. To old to learn how to snow board,but will blow past you all in a tuck if conditions are good. I have been down the whole slope in 90 seconds before
,no ice,no ruts ,fresh snow,full blast. Yahooooo!!!

Sorry if i messed up the thread
Search utube dan skiing mauna kea
Dats me
Aloha

HPP

HPP
It's snowing again tonight.

Dan - PMs don't work on PW. If you want, please feel free to drop me a line at tomhkerr at gmail dot com.
Lovely times .https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xHlJFHyxktg

Never too old Dan .. Save ur knees.

Eta .. check out split boards . Best of both worlds.
Warning .. my above post may not make sense to some uninformed. But thay does not makecit nonsense.
Latest image from the UKIRT webcam:

https://goo.gl/RBm1PE

Perhaps the best description for the snow is a "significant dusting". Daytime temperatures are still warm and forecast to increase over the next couple of days, so the snow will likely disappear in a day or two. Any thoughts of skiing in the next few days are a little premature.
quote:
Originally posted by RWR

Warning .. my above post may not make sense to some uninformed. But thay does not makecit nonsense.

No comment necessary.
Yes tom .. as expected .. you took the bait. And i bet u not even look up my suggestion ( addressed to Dan) beforehand.
Your eagerness to talk down to a person instead of seeking to understand makes me wonder how many discoverys have been overlooked by such an altitude
"Your eagerness to talk down to a person instead of seeking to understand makes me wonder how many discoverys have been overlooked by such an altitude"

I'm at sea-level.
U certainly are.