Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is your favorite loco moco?
Try Tex's 'Chicken Loco' - made with oyster sauce chicken that flows down through the rice. Your taste buds will thank you.
Yes - Cafe 100 has cooked to perfection short grain brown rice.
We always get egg scramble instead of a runny almost raw yolk.
Yes Big Island beef and eggs plus they are local and not Zippy's from Oahu rubbish.
We keep our kala local as much as we can.
Mrs.Mimosa and Ohana
We had breakfast at Cafe Pesto this morning, very good. They describe their Island Classic Loco Moco:

“Freshly Ground Island Grass Fed Beef Patty, served on Furikake dusted Jasmine Rice with Poached Egg, Red Wine Demi-Glaze, House Cured Bacon, Scallions and Crispy Fried Onions.”
quote:
Originally posted by Mimosa

Yes - Cafe 100 has cooked to perfection short grain brown rice.
We always get egg scramble instead of a runny almost raw yolk.
Yes Big Island beef and eggs plus they are local and not Zippy's from Oahu rubbish.
We keep our kala local as much as we can.
Mrs.Mimosa and Ohana

Zippy's is an Oahu restaurant? Thank you so much for telling me that! I am not down with giving money to Oahu, they take money from us to build their god damned rail system, which makes me so mad. They have a huge city to generate income, they shouldn't be taking our money to build their rails!

Also SBH that sounds incredible. That's like a gourmet moco.
Aloha Smile
Aloha Smile
Zippy's is an Oahu restaurant?

State tax structure means all "local" businesses are really Oahu businesses, with possible exceptions for wholesale purchases of real local production (beef, eggs) and local quasi-permitted (roadside laulau).
Some recommendations on local food from local friends:

Liko Lehua on Kaumana Drive

Hawaiian Style in Waimea

“Freshly Ground Island Grass Fed Beef Patty, served on Furikake dusted Jasmine Rice with Poached Egg, Red Wine Demi-Glaze, House Cured Bacon, Scallions and Crispy Fried Onions.”

Fifteen dollars! (plus tax)
"Fifteen dollars! (plus tax)"

What's the problem? That's a gourmet moco loco. Never liked loco moco myself but this one looks tempting. If you want a cheap loco moco you can go elsewhere.
Nothin is cheap at pesto. In kawaihae i used to go,there pizza was almost as good as mine
Then the sizeof a peronal pizza shrinked to the size of a large doughnut and price jumped to 12 bucks. I was still selling my combo pizza (green peppers,sweet onions,mushrooms)
$15. Used to watm them up on my hood in kawaihae. 102 deg in da shade.

The only pizza my wife would eat cold. Now i gotta make mine out of mozzerella, or cauliflower, for da keto food.
Yummy, first u make the pizza base with mozzerella and almond flour, than put toppings on. I make a tomatoe paste, garlic,olive oil and fresh chopped basil and oregano.no sauce for me. Than more mozzerella. Make a good cheezy pizza,no flour.

Eat as many slices as u want.
Pizza dan

HPP

HPP
Try Tex's 'Chicken Loco' - made with oyster sauce chicken that flows down through the rice. Your taste buds will thank you

Also sounds pretty good except the "oyster sauce" is really just a cheap Asian sauce loaded down with sugar and monosodium glutamate. Truly nasty stuff that has been approved for human consumption.
Unfortunately that's why your tongue tingles.