Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Native Hawaiian Reconciliation Commission & SB 42
Native Hawaiian rights are defined and protected in the state Constitution.

Fourteenth Amendment to the US Constitution: "nor shall any State ... deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws".

Which part am I failing to understand?
Which part am I failing to understand?

Are you suggesting the state constitution is - - unconstitutional? I wonder if “The Protectors” have considered ridding themselves of “The Colonizers” with that approach?
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Are you suggesting the state constitution is - - unconstitutional?

Yes.

State is free to grant special rights and privileges to "the" Hawaiians provided that everyone else receive the same consideration.
everyone else receive the same consideration.

Test case.
A group called the “Tax Protectors” block food and water from reaching “The Protectors” through civil disobedience.. A blockade of the blockade. The “Tax Protectors” should be treated exactly like “The Protectors” by law enforcement.

And presumably “The Protectors” would agree with the actions of another group whose rights have been infringed upon?
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
"And presumably “The Protectors” would agree with the actions of another group whose rights have been infringed upon?"

Well, of course, this is not going to happen or if it does, it will be based on cherry-picking. But to have state lawmakers propose a law that allows some people to break laws but others have to follow them, based on race, actually makes me feel sick to my gut.